Thin Film Electronics ASA (Ticker: THIN.OL) delivers electronics for ultra-high-volume, cost-sensitive applications. We use roll-to-roll printing to manufacture electronics, introducing intelligence where it has never before been possible—at a cost-per-function unmatched by any other electronic technology.
Thinfilm enables the Internet of Everything. Our ground-breaking printed electronics technology and software platform bring every day, physical goods to life by leveraging the NFC capabilities in your smartphone. Our solution allows brands to create 1:1 experiences with consumers throughout the customer journey from pre-purchase and beyond. We are the only player in the space offering a complete end-to-end solution in NFC mobile marketing.
Our team is looking for a Sr. Equipment Engineer to join our dynamic team. This position is responsible for the development, characterization, and maintenance of equipment for semiconductor type processes in a manufacturing environment. It requires close collaboration with other engineering staff, manufacturing personnel, and equipment manufacturers. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual with the drive to do what it takes in a fast paced in environment, to join the printed electronics industry, with prospects for career growth in the company.
- Evaluate, install and qualify new equipment to keep up with evolving process technology.
- Develop and execute equipment acceptance tests.
- Develop and execute preventative maintenance routines to ensure equipment reliability.
- Develop and maintain FMEA strategies, SOPs, and SPM procedures.
- Characterize equipment performance and operating condition using SPC tools.
- Develop equipment monitoring procedures utilizing industry standards as well as creative innovations.
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures
- Develop and overseer modifications and upgrades of process equipment tools sets.
- Become an expert on the toolsets and train others on use.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum BS degree (MS preferred) in mechanical or electrical engineering and 5 to 10 years of hands-on experience with maintenance and/or design of process equipment used in the semiconductor/MEMs/printed electronics manufacturing industries.
- Experience with high vacuum system.
- Proven history of learning new process equipment and becoming a technical expert.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with SPC implementation (limit calculation, continuous monitoring and improvement).
- Strong technical and communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to solve inter-disciplinary problems.
- Strong sense of initiative and ownership combined with enthusiasm for tackling challenges and seeing them through to completion.
Desired but not Required Experience
- Direct experience with Roll-to-Roll equipment.
- Knowledge of process characterization and measurement techniques.