Thin Film Electronics ASA (“Thinfilm”) is a global leader in NFC mobile marketing and smart-packaging solutions using printed electronics technology. Thinfilm creates printed tags, labels, and systems that include sensors and wireless communication — all at a cost-per-function unmatched by conventional electronic technologies.
Thin Film Electronics ASA (“Thinfilm”) is a publicly listed Norwegian company with global headquarters in Oslo, Norway; US headquarters in San Jose, California; and offices in Linköping, Sweden, London; and Shanghai.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development for our Beauty vertical to join our Sales & Business Development team!
Director Business Development
The Business Development Director, Beauty industry, is responsible for business opportunities and designing 'go-to-market' plans to deliver measurable and significant revenues within the assigned vertical. This leader will need to possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated success in generating leads and fostering customer and strategic partner relationships. Organizational skills and strategic analysis are important aspects of the position, along with exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to close deals. The ideal candidate has experience researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop our business strategy, identify key partners and expand into new markets.
- Identify, Create and manage the opportunity pipeline by key end-user, product and Customer.
- Drive the penetration of Thinfilm solutions in the beauty industry.
- Identify and manage critical alliances with channel partners to grow the market.
- Enhance market intelligence by tracking key trends, sizing the market and monitoring key competitors Develop and implement educational strategies for use with the sales, channel partners, design agencies, and end-users.
- Conduct seminars, innovation day or any in house training programs at end user side to promote company brand, products, new applications to generate more business opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal teams including technical, product, and marketing to ensure that partner requirements are represented on our product roadmap and that the business solutions team understands the value proposition in the beauty market
- Participate as a member of the Global Team to share best practices, learning and strategies across the region.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility
- An expert in the beauty industry, with in depth knowledge in the brands, consumers, business model and objectives and make appropriate connections to Thinfilm’s objectives and capabilities
- Highly motivated, influential and capable of understanding the Thinfilm value proposition within the beauty market
- Highly organized and effective in establishing priorities
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a cross functional organization
- Comfortable leading or engaging in conversations within or outside of Thinfilm with leaders of varying hierarchical levels
- Creative problem-solver
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to interpret data into actionable items
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate and formally present across all levels of organization, customer base, and outside parties
- High sense of urgency and personal accountability
- Experience with CRM systems (salesforce.com preferred)
Our NFC Innovation headquarters is located in San Jose. We are looking for a beauty industry expert, and the job location for this position is in our London office.
For more information about Thinfilm visit us at www.thinfilmnfc.com