Thin Film Electronics ASA (“Thinfilm”) is a global leader in NFC mobile marketing and smart-packaging solutions using printed electronics technology. Thinfilm offers end-to-end mobile marketing solutions that feature hardware, label/packaging integration services and comprehensive cloud-based analytics platform called CNECT. Collectively, these components deliver a powerful 1-to-1 digital marketing platform through which brands of all sizes can deliver real-time interactive experiences and derive meaningful interaction insights, all with the simple tap of a smartphone. The resulting disintermediation of search engines, online marketplaces and social platforms empowers brands to control messaging, enhance consumer dialogue, build loyalty, increase engagement and drive sales.
Thinfilm seeks a creative UX/UI Designer with experience in mobile and web design. We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into wireframes, prototypes, and hi-fidelity designs. The successful candidate should have an intimate understanding of mobile, enterprise software as a service, and dashboards designs. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal UX/UI Designer will be able to hit the ground running as with multiple projects, and stake holders.
- Translate business goals into wireframes, user journeys, prototypes, and hi-fidelity designs for Android, iOS, and web.
- Coordinate and conduct user research and user testing. Incorporate user feedback to improve usability and design
- Must possess strong desire and willingness to learn new technology without reservation and deliver products with exceptional quality.
- Must have the flexibility to move around different projects.
- Must have the ability and necessary soft skills to collaborate with multiple teams in different geographical locations.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas.
- Work as part of a team with product manager, engineers, sales, and management.
- Able to work onsite in San Jose, CA.
- 4+ years in UI and UX design in high-tech companies, or with a marketing or creative agency
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable UI and UX design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experienced in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Professionalism regarding quality, time and deadlines
- Experience working in a cross-functional, agile development environment
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art Design, Marketing or related discipline
Nice to have but not required
- Design experience in enterprise and B2B use cases
- Analytics dashboard design experience
- Experience working in a start-up environment